Hello Parents/Guardians of WestShore Centre for Learning Students:
Mark your calendars!! On Saturday, May 12 from 10am – 4pm we are having our 2nd annual plant sale fundraiser at the WestShore Centre for Learning Colwood campus located in the lower parking lot at 2139 Sooke Rd (in Colwood just North of Royal Roads University).
- Plant sale pre-orders for blueberry, raspberry and strawberry plants: https://goo.gl/forms/xwWYiw2glnuIES0T2
As part of the plant sale fundraiser we are offering pre-orders for berry plants. Please follow the link to order online with VISA or MASTERCARD. Please feel free to share this link with your family, friends and co-workers. These plants can be picked up at the school the day of the plant sale. They come from Langley, hence why we need to pre-orders so we know quantities. All other plants offered for the plant sale are cash and carry the day of on Sat May 12.
- Our students in the Sustainable Resources program have been very busy seeding all kinds of amazing vegetable varieties! Our sale will include:
- Blueberry, Raspberry and Strawberry plants (pre-order please if possible)
- 25+ types of tomatoes (many heirloom and organics)
- Veggie starts, pretty much everything we can start, we have!
- Annual Flowers
- Mixed Hanging Baskets/ Fuchsia Hanging Baskets
- Herbs and Herb Garden Planters
- Native Plants
- Cedar planter boxes, garden benches and trellises
- Rebecca Barnard – artist, who will have hand crafted Mother’s Day gifts for sale including hand-made cards, watercolor art prints, fashion scarves, etc.
- Marge Emery – guest to speak about Mason Bees
- Elder Earl Claxton Jr. – guest to speak about native plants and gardening practices
- Jennifer Freeman of Zero Mile Solutions – mastermind behind our community garden project
On behalf of the students and staff of WestShore Centre for Learning Community Garden Project, we thank you!
Community Garden Fundraising Co-coordinator
Teacher Sustainable Resources, Math Department Head
Math/ScienceProgram Head – Grade 11 Cohort
The StoreFront classroom will be closed on Thursday, April 19th, 2018 at 12:00pm to allow for teachers to be available for Parent-Teacher Interviews. Also, please be reminded that Friday, April 20th is a day of Professional Development and therefore, the Storefront classroom will be closed for the duration of the day as well.
Thank You Very Much,
Westshore Staff & Administration
Please see the seating chart below for the upcoming spring musical:
Teachers of online and Paper-Based DL courses will be on Spring Break vacation from Saturday, March 17, 2018 until Monday, April 2, 2018. During this time, we encourage you to take a break and enjoy time with your family and friends. Teachers are not expected to do any marking or respond to emails during the break. Students are free to continue to work on their course(s) and submit assignments but evaluation will not be expected to resume until Tuesday, April 3, 2018. Please recognize that there may be a delay before you receive your marked assignment(s) while teachers get caught up on their marking.